Thursday, May 6, 2010

Another oatmeal sort of day

Yup, it's Thursday.  At least we are that much closer to the weekend, right?  And unfortunately I don't have any pearls of wisdom to impart on whatever random internet readers might have stumbled on the blog.

(Sorry for the poor quality of pics that follow, they were all taken with my phone.)

Yesterday was sufficiently boring for "hump day."  With the threat of rain Caleb and I hung out in the bedroom.  He spent most of the afternoon like this:



Which means that the entire afternoon I had this view:


And I sadly didn't even get a nap out of it, because any time I moved he'd wake up and scream.  Sigh.  Though I did get caught up on my latest issue of the Weight Watchers magazine, which sadly wasn't so much inspiring as it was hunger-inducing.

Looking at the pictures I have realized that I am really white.  Caleb is the "fairest" of the four so far, yet he at least has a bit of a rosy glow to him.  And thanks to daddy he'll probably tan well, unlike me who turns into a lobster if I think about going outside in the sunlight.  Consider this one from our walk on Saturday (which I shared on Facebook) I am nearly see-through:


Maybe I was a vampire in a past life?  Look out Bella!

ETA:  I realize that some people may be offended by nursing pics.  Remember what I said in the first post?  This is MY corner of the internet.  Don't like it and you are more than welcome to click the red "X" in the upper right-hand corner.

2 comments:

  1. I love the nursing pics.. :)

    And don't worry.. with your white skin tone you are not alone..
    I am pretty pale as well: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs468.ash1/25705_114724215208432_100000125624940_286082_6116160_n.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that your natural hair color? The top of mine is natural again, I have 6 inches or so of roots now, it's sad. I don't know what to do though because the end is still black despite not having colored it in nearly a year.

    ReplyDelete