Friday, May 7, 2010

Weight issues

Good morning internet!

As I'm struggling with my own weight loss at the moment (amazing how a few pounds from each baby can quickly add up!) I've become all to aware of what I and the kids are eating.  Well hubby too, but he's on his own -  a thirty-something man should be able to make his own eating habits!

It is interesting how much the kids eat.  Since I've been practicing strict portion control for myself there are days where I swear that they eat more than I do.  And then there are other days where they scarcely eat a thing.  So maybe it balances out.  Athena is the only one that I truly worry about it.  The others are on the thin side for their heights, but not unusually so.  Athena is a stick.  A good gust of wind would take her to Summit County.

Yesterday was grocery shopping day, and it was her turn to go with me.  Caleb always goes, and then I rotate the other three in turns.  They are so excited to "help" - just don't tell them that they are really more of a hindrance!  So I snapped a few pics of her with my cell phone:

Waiting for the elevator at Target:

Inside the elevator:




Sleeping in the car on the way home:

And a view of her arm/leg:


Sigh.  Doesn't seem to be anyway to fatten her up.  Oh well, maybe she'll be a high fashion model?

Myself, on the other hand, has not been so lucky of late.  I should be happy - I've lost 19.6 pounds in the last 6 weeks.  But I still feel fat.  I can't wear half of my clothes.  And my midsection is disgustingly flabby.  Plus I'm not even sure how much of the damage is permanent given that I've had 4 kids in 4.5 years - I fear that the skin will never return to normal.  But to see for yourself how much my belly has changed in the last 3 or so months:

This is 3 days before Caleb was born, my last pregnant belly shot:


This is still in the hospital, 3 days post Caleb:

About 2 weeks post-Caleb:


8 weeks post-Caleb and the start of the competition:


And 6 weeks into the competition (14 weeks post-Caleb):


I suppose that I'm heading in the right direction.  I'd love to be here again (pre-kid modeling pic):


Or at least close.  But that's a long ways to go still.

Not sure if I will be able to do any posts over the weekend.  Tomorrow is Saturday, and I'm attending a "cooking class" at church.  They tell me it's mostly eating, LOL.  Not exactly great on the diet, but I need some adult interaction.  And then Sunday of course is Mother's Day, we'll have to see if hubby and the kids do anything...

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great!
    It will just take patience. I have seen pics of a mom who had 7 kids and was overweight and flabby and she did P90X and changed her diet accordingly.. after several rounds of doing the program she is now super-toned and looks fantastic.
    What I am trying to say with this: EVERYTHING is possible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. George actually got a copy of P90X from a friend...but finding an hour a day 6 days a week is really hard with kids...I'm impressed with 7 she had that kind of time!

    ReplyDelete