Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend wrapup

Good morning internet people!

Let's see if I can give you a brief synopsis of the weekend.

Friday afternoon - saw the neurologist.  Still not much she wants to do because the headaches aren't horrible and she doesn't want me to go on meds while breastfeeding unless I absolutely have to.  So I'm supposed to talk to the pedi and see what he thinks is ok, and then they are supposed to call me to make an appointment sometime today.  Which reminds me, I think I need to call my photographer and find out where Caleb's proofs are and call my regular doctor for an appointment to get this stupid wrist looked at.  On a side note...I didn't wear my amber necklace yesterday, and I swear my headache was a bit worse.  It might have been a coincidence though, I'm not sure.

Saturday morning we got up bright and early to drive out to Berea for a big resale.  This one was a consignment sale instead of the typical mom-to-mom kind I usually go to, and frankly I was impressed.  They lay out the stuff much like you would see in a store - one rack for girls 0-3, another for boys - each size/gender getting it's own rack.  Which as you can guess makes it super easy to shop.  Plus Saturday was the second day of the sale, so many of the items were half off!  I got roughly 48 pieces (a few things for each child) for about $60 after tax - so not bad!  I think I may forget the mom-to-mom sales and just do this one; they will have two sales in the fall as well.

My only complaint with the above - I just don't get how people price things.  Since it was consignment, the original owner gets to set the price and decide whether or not it will be reduced.  Now I don't know about the average person, but honestly - I don't care if a sleeper is made by Gap or Walmart, just that it is cute, clean, and will fit my child in the appropriate season.  So I don't get people who price their sleeper at $10 just because it is a Gap brand and then don't even allow it to be reduced?  Come on!  I'm not going to pay more for a used sleeper than I would a brand new one!

Sunday we had nursery duty at church.  It went pretty calmly this week - no major tears or anything.  Hard to believe how big some of the babies that I see every time are getting!  And sort of sad/scary to see that Shane is starting to get to be one of the older babies in there...this time next year he will be in Rainbows with Athena!  Actually, I think there will be a short period where the three oldest will all be in Rainbows, because I think the next class starts at 1st grade...so between Shane's birthday (assuming he's potty trained by then) and Jasmine's they'll have all three of them - poor teachers!  LOL

Not much going on today but work.  I'm going to try and split up the shopping this week, so since we need more Pullups for Shane Athena and I will be going out to do Phase 1 today.  Then Shane and I will go and get Phase 2 on Thursday.  Jasmine got to go to the resale, so she won't go shopping again until next week.

And in case anyone didn't see my Facebook post, please pray for an online mommy friend.  Her water broke over the weekend and she is only 22 weeks along.  The family has already lost one daughter due to prematurity complications, so we are all praying that God lets them enjoy this one a bit longer - hoping for a miracle!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you.
    I don't pay $10 for a 2nd hand sleeper either.. no matter if it's from Gap or whatever.
    Quite frankly I don't even get it why people would shop their anyways. We all know how long it takes a baby to get stains on her/his clothes. So why would you pay $40+ for a pullover?? (That is what I saw last time I went to one of the Baby Gap stores.) Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing it's a sort of status thing, like wearing name brand over Walmart brand as an adult. And there are some people out there that boycott Walmart because they don't agree with their practices. I guess it's their money to spend. But mine, I'd rather take that $40 and get 4 outfits than one pullover...

    ReplyDelete