Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Don't let daddy near the clippers

Hello again my internet friends!

So yesterday was interesting.  Besides the insane amount of work I have for this week, I also had a WIC appointment with weight checks for both Athena and Caleb.

Athena is now approximately 28.25 lbs and 37.25".  That is roughly 1/2 a pound and 1/2 an inch gain over her 3 year appointment in February if accurate.  Caleb was 14 lbs. 11 oz. and 25".  That is just over a pound and an inch of gain since early April.  I'm worried about, they say they are making the minimum growth amounts so they are happy, and I did manage to walk out of there with just a minor lecture about giving them a well-rounded diet.

The real fun was last night.  Shane was in need of a haircut - it was getting shaggy around the ears and he had a tail in the back.  I had pictured a sort of longer buzzcut - just even everything out to maybe a half an inch long.  Daddy had another idea.

Shane before:


Shane after bath last night:


Shane this morning:


Daddy gave him a mohawk!  I think it looks silly and want him to cut it off.  He thinks it looks cute.  Either way I just it's just hair and will grow back...

Also of note I received my necklace from Inspired by Finn.  They do Baltic Amber jewelry, and for those of you that don't know amber is supposed to help with various ailments.  Necklaces are supposed to help with things like headaches, teething pain, and so forth.

The necklace is cute - not really my style normally.  I think I should have ordered a slightly shorter length.  It is honey-colored amber with beads in graduating sizes from largest at the front to small at the back.  So far I'm not noticing any difference, but there are people out there that swear by this stuff so I'm giving it a shot.  I deal with daily headaches and migraines a couple of times a month, so if wearing a piece of jewelry is all it takes to get rid of it I'm all for it!  I will keep you posted on how it is working.

And now my lovely internet people I must go off and write about how to access jail records in the various 50 states.

1 comment:

  1. Well, maybe it is fun for a couple of days and then you can shave it off.. lol

    ReplyDelete