Friday, May 14, 2010

Made it 2 weeks now...

Hello internet people!  Can you believe that this is the completion of a second work week?

Let's see here, I managed to survive shopping with Shane yesterday.  I think I need to come up with a better system - maybe do half of my errands on one day and half on another?  Because shopping at a 2 year-old's speed is not very time efficient.  It took us 4 hours to:

  • Stop at Zagara's to get meat for the week
  • Go to the UPS store to check mail and pick up my free coconut oil that was delivered (any suggestions on what to use it for?)
  • Stop at the bank to get quarters for laundry and some singles for the resale tomorrow
  • Go to Target to get some cleaning supplies, diapers, and sandals for the older 3 kids
  • Stop at the post office to mail out a package
  • Go to Aldi to get the majority of the groceries
  • Go to Giant Eagle for the rest of the groceries that I didn't get at Aldi
And in to that sitting in the parking lot to feed Caleb and it was 630 before I got home and after 7 by the time I got dinner on the table and the groceries put away.  Add to that a certain little boy who didn't want to go to bed and 3 hours of freelance and it was about 1 AM before I crawled into bed...

I don't anticipate today being much better schedule-wise.  Here it is 11 and I'm just getting ready for work after catching up on some household chores and nursing Caleb 3 times since 6 AM.  Plus George and I have neurologist appointments down in Bedford this afternoon.

A "yay!" moment - I actually one the Simply Trendy giveaway I posted about on Tuesday!  Yay!  I never win those things.  I will post pics when it arrives.

I also found a yummy protein "bar" recipe - turns out more like a pudding than a bar, but for 257 calories you get 29 g of protein, 27 g of carbs, and only 3 grams of fat!  Plus it only takes 4 ingredients!  All you need to make them are:

8 scoops of your favorite whey protein powder (I used the EAS brand in chocolate)
3 cups of Oats
1 box of sugar free/fat free pudding (I used chocolate)
2 cups of skim milk

Mix together and refrigerate until set.  Now the recipe says to spread it into a pan, but I think since it stays like a pudding I will just make it in the bowl next time.  Makes a total of 8 servings.  It has a slight protein aftertaste but nothing like some of the bars I've tried.  So let's see - I get a good amount of protein with only a little fat, a chocolate fix, and oatmeal (which we know is good for breastfeeding!).  Seems like a win to me.

A less happy note for any of the local readers of my blog (if there are any of those) - Lyndhurst vet had two litters of kittens and a mama cat dumped on them this morning that are looking for homes.  So if you need a four-footed companion and want to rescue, please call them.

And let's see, it's Friday, which means the weekend is coming up and you'll have to do without my fascinating commentary (note the sarcasm).  Busy one here - besides the freelance I have a big resale in Berea to go to tomorrow morning and nursery duty at church on Sunday morning.  At least there should be something to talk about on Monday, right?

I hope that all you lovely internet people have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment