Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday again

Good morning internet people!

Yes, I am back to reality now with my boring posts on what we've been doing and observations on life.  No, Better Homes and Gardens hasn't contacted me to write for them, they must not be among the number of my anonymous readers (and yes folks, that is an attempt at humor).  So let's see here...

All in all it was a pretty uneventful weekend.  George had to work Saturday, so we ended up staying home all day.  Allowed me to stay on top of my freelance writing for the weekend at least.  However, while we were putzing around the house he discovered that he had managed to kill yet another Venus fly trap.

Now yes, I know that Venus fly traps are notoriously hard to grow.  And I love my husband dearly.  But why can't the man at least look up the instructions on how to care for one?  Five minutes on the internet, and several swagbucks later* I was able to tell him half a dozen things that he was doing wrong.  I know, I know, it's not "manly" to ask for directions, right?

So yesterday we drove out to Gale's, which was crazy busy, and got him another Venus fly trap.  This has to be like the 8th one he's brought home.  Anyone want to bet how long it lives?

Also stopped by the new Pet Supplies Plus they opened up in the old Ace Hardware location.  It definitely feels roomier than the old place and they now offer dog grooming.  Though I still can't help but feel a bit bitter - this is the place that when I applied for a parttime job after leaving the vet (hoping to have a little supplemental income to my pet-sitting business) told me that I was overqualified and could only apply for management.  Wait a minute, you don't want your sales associates to know something about animals?  Raise your hand if that makes sense to you...

Well, it is nearly 10 AM and I still have another 2200 words to get banged out on various strollers.  Insane the amount of money people will spend on those things.  So I will bid you all a fond adieu until tomorrow.

*If you aren't doing swagbucks yet, why not?  It is incredibly easy.  Just go to Swagbucks and sign up.  Then use their search engine to do all your random internet searches.  If you are slightly more ambitious, they also have codes and such that you can search for.  But basically just doing searches alone I've made $85 in Amazon gift cards (a $5 Amazon gift card currently costs 450 bucks) since last June.  Not bad money for doing something that I would do anyways.  And if you sign up under me then I get credit too and we both earn.

Another easy way to earn a bit of spending cash is with Pinecone Research.  These guys are a survey website, and you can get paid $3 a survey - each survey takes about 10 minutes and I usually get 2 a month.  Every once in awhile you'll be asked to test something that you take a survey about, and they'll mail you a sample - usually it's a full sized item!  I don't get credit for you signing up or anything, but if you are interested you can check them out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment