Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I'm a pretty princess

Good morning internet friends!

So yesterday was one of those absolutely gorgeous days for a walk.  Warm enough that you could wear light clothing but not so warm that you are sweating like a pig halfway through.  Aria and I headed down to Quarry Park, which is actually a nice place for walking - will have to keep that in mind for future reference.

On the way back we passed a mom with a couple of girls, and as expected they admired the babies (Caleb loves the kangaroo carry in the mei tai when he's awake).  One of the girls, I'm guessing she was about 3, then tells me that I'm a princess.

Let's think about this a moment.  I was wearing a skirt* and a nursing tank, had managed to pull my hair up.  I had a little mascara on and chapstick and was probably a bit flushed as we'd been walking for probably 45 minutes at that point.  I haven't a drop of royal blood in my veins and I must have left my tiara at home.  But to a three year-old's eyes all you need is a pretty dress and a smile and you can be a princess.

Now this seems to be a common belief with the under-5 set, as I've heard my girls make similar proclamations when I've put them in a dress.  And maybe there's a life lesson there.  Most of the time we moms probably feel like Cinderella minus the helpful, singing mice - always running after this or that chore that has to be done.  But even Cinderella got to go to the ball.  Sure, it was in a pumpkin, but she made the best of it didn't she? 

Maybe all of us should strive to be a princess today.  Put on something that makes you feel pretty, slap a smile on your face, and make it a goal to find something that makes you happy.  Cheesy Disney song optional.

And with that this Cinderella should really get back to her work, which ironically enough is writing freelance articles about maid services, LOL.

*Note: If you need a pretty skirt, can I recommend Enwrapture?  And no, I don't get any kickbacks, I just really love their stuff.  Check out the beauties that came for me yesterday below.  And don't let the list price scare you - if you can get in on a co-op the skirts are only $10-12 a piece, sometimes less.  And if you do have a co-op you'd better invite me, I have a slight addiction!  LOL  And do ignore the gym shorts.  I'm a pretty princess, I can wear whatever I darn well please.

No comments:

Post a Comment