Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Protein bar FAIL

Good morning internet people!

Note to self (and any others who might try the recipe):  If you tried the protein bar recipe I posted earlier, you might want to refrigerate them.  They start smelling funny pretty quickly.  So much for breakfast this morning.

So I tried a different protein bar recipe - really simple, just protein powder, egg white, vanilla, oat bran, and water.  Another FAIL.  Probably wouldn't be so bad with flavored protein powder (mine's unflavored) or maybe next time add some cinnamon and raisins to it.  It's very bland and chewy.  Though I do suppose not eating is one way to lose weight, albeit not the healthiest version.

So, an update on Shane's "do".  General consensus was it didn't look quite right and needed to be narrower for a mohawk.  We tried that, but with his hair being so fine and curly it just gave him a weird, bald patch looking thing.  So we took it all off.  It ended up being shorter than I would have wanted, but hair grows back.  And he is so proud to look like Daddy.  I'm actually surprised how much more he looks like Daddy now.  Darn dominant genes, can't ANY of my kids look like me?

So here's your proof:


Let's see, not much going on here today.  Still not convinced the amber is working - anyone out there know how long it takes to take effect?  I've got a ridiculous amount of freelance to get done today (it seems to be either feast or famine, nothing in between).  Plus three loads of laundry that need to be folded and put away.  And I'm taking dinner to a new mom from church.  Which should be nice because her two are a bit younger than my youngest two, so there's the potential for playdates there.  I'm just hoping the three pounds of chicken breasts I took out this morning thaw in time (they are earlier eaters than we are).  Well, and that they like fajitas...

1 comment: